There are different ways to increase website traffic. And all of them are very good sources of online traffic to your site. Here is my list of traffic sources. You can implement any of them for web traffic.
Table Of Contents
- 0.1 • Paid Traffic – your can use paid advertising like PPC to direct traffic to your site.
- 0.2 • Direct Traffic – mostly as a result of an offline promotion, if you have any.
- 0.3 • Email Marketing Traffic – email is another huge traffic source to drive repeat traffic to your blog.
- 0.4 • Social Media Traffic – you can redirect your social media efforts to your blog. It’s a trending strategy you can adopt every day.
- 0.5 • Referral Traffic – it’s usually a great source of traffic as well. If you are doing effective backlink, this would help with a good source of traffic.
- 0.6 • Organic Traffic – the big one is organic Traffic if done well. It’s the source of free traffic for a profitable online business. Here is where SEO Techniques are needful and useful.
- 1 Meaning Of SEO:
- 2 How Search Engine Works:
- 3 Search Engine System:
- 4 How To Increase Website Traffic:
- 5 On-page SEO:
- 6 Off-page SEO:
• Paid Traffic – your can use paid advertising like PPC to direct traffic to your site.
• Direct Traffic – mostly as a result of an offline promotion, if you have any.
• Email Marketing Traffic – email is another huge traffic source to drive repeat traffic to your blog.
• Organic Traffic – the big one is organic Traffic if done well. It’s the source of free traffic for a profitable online business. Here is where SEO Techniques are needful and useful.
If you choose the search engine optimization its because you want organic traffic. Although, other traffic sources are good but organic is cheaper and sustainable.
However, if you choose to optimize your blog for a search engine, it’s a simple technic. Most people misunderstand SEO and believed it’s complex.
But I will simplify it for you.
Meaning Of SEO:
SEO means search engine optimization. In a simple explanation, it means preparing your blog for search engines to file them into storage to enable anyone to easily access them.
The question is how do search engines file your website and how would people access it on search engines?
How Search Engine Works:
The answer to this question is exactly what you should be doing to your website to optimize it for searches.
Now, let’s look at how search engines store your website information. They use the same filing system as a normal book library.
They file the contents of your website in different categories and sub-categories and sub-sub-categories as the case may be.
However, they employ a system that uses related keywords to retrieve filled information through search.
For example, a normal office filling system uses alphabets to arrange files. Like a cabinet. So when looking for an information in a file, you only needed to remember the first alphabet of the file name. That makes it easier to locate files in stack cabinet.
Search Engine System:
Google and other search engines adopted the same system. They link your website information with keywords, phrase or focus sentence that describes the content of your website.
That makes it easy for anyone who is looking for an information that is related to your website to find it through Google search using related keywords, phrase or sentence, to your website information.
How To Increase Website Traffic:
So, how do you now optimize your site for these keywords, phrases and sentences that your site is associated with? That is what you accomplished with SEO Techniques.
Let me explain it more briefly what you do when you optimize a site. You are ensuring that the search engine knows what the blog is about and what content it’s offering.
We do this by making sure the blog title page has the keywords, phrase or sentence we want people to find the blog with.
We also look at other areas we can enhance to further tell search engines that it was not a one-off thing or mistaken headline.
So we add the same Keywords in the body of the content. In fact, you do this carefully as in context and not stuffing it with keywords that is not relevant to the subject.
We do more by also writing a description for the site and including the same keyword in that description. This further enhances the relevance of the website to the keywords we associate with it.
Them we make sure that even the picture is optimized with the keyword.
All these are what we call On-page SEO. It’s the most important aspect to of SEO. Although we do more, like URL structuring, robot text file optimization and even sitemap.
But most of what we do in on-page SEO can be enhanced with WordPress plugins. That’s what makes optimization easy and less complicated.
You can be guided by software on what to do. And believe me, even the experts use the software. And it works.
The other aspect is the Off-page SEO. But its what you do on other websites to make them authenticate your site by adding your links to them. It’s like a reference by another authority to search engine that your site is relevant.
For a beginner, this will help you get started. You can read Blogging for Beginners. It’s another simple explanation that will help you achieve success.